Do You spend your free time in Zakopane? Do you like skiing but you would like to try something more, and explore the Tatra Mountains in the winter? We invite you to ours trainings for at the intermediate level. They include trainings in avalanche science, you will try your hand at skiing outside the ski pistes, you will overcome a trail along the most beautiful regions of the Tatra Mountains. We guarantee a nice atmosphere and a professional care of the mountain guides and rescuers. Just join us!!
The programme includes:
- technique of ascending and downhill travel
- learning of swings (i.e. overcoming steep sections)
- learning of traversing – going across the slope
- information about selecting the most appropriate ski piste (reduction of a risk of avalanches)
- basic information about avalanches and a code of behaviour applicable in the mountains
- exercises with the Avalanche Safety Gear (detector, probe, shovel) – learning how to handle it properly and practical exercises, during which each pair must two times find a buried detector that sends the signals
- downhill on the climbing skins
- downhill outside the ski pistes, in the different kinds of snow
Duration of the training
Approximately 7-8 hours
Please note: You should also take into account that our trainings or the trip can be extended; they can last maximum about 1 hour more.
Where does it take place
We customize our trip depending on the weather conditions and a risk level of avalanche. The instructor is allowed to change an assumed plan during the training, if he/she determines that the weather conditions are dangerous.
- Kuźnice-> Dolina Jaworzynki -> Hala Gąsienicowa -> Stawy Gąsienicowe -> Karb -> Czarny Staw Gąsienicowy -> Hala Gąsienicowa -> Kuźnice
- Kuźnice-> Hala Kondratowa-> Kopa Kondracka-> Hala Kondratowa-> Kuźnice
Note: The trails, which we will overcome during the weekend are intended for the adepts of ski touring who are both in good physical condition, and very good skiers. The proposed downhills are also at the intermediate level – we always offer to variants – easier and more advanced.
Costs and reservation:
- 65euro/person – trip
- 85euro/person – trip + skitour equipment
- 95euro/person – trip + skitour equipment + avalange equipment
Remember: This is exemplary calculation for 8-9 hours trip/course for 4 persons. Write to us and we will create trip based on your requirements.
“Tatra Trade” Ski Rental located in a large building near Rondo Kuźnickie (You can also find in it: Alpin Sport shop, Tatrzański Bar Mleczny (Tatras Dairy Bar) “Wolf Trail” Ski Rental), The entrance to the ski rental is on the right side of the building. It is preferred to leave a car on the parking lot at Bronisław Czech Street (it is the street that goes from Rondo Kuźnickie towards the ski jump), and from there go to the “Tatra Trade” Ski Rental on foot.
What should you take with you (it’s not necessary but is our recommendation):
- backpack (with such a capacity that you fit all in it), with a capacity of approx. 25-30l
- warm ski clothes (jacket and pants)
- something to eat (bar of chocolate/fruit/sandwich)
- something to drink (tea or the other beverage)
- light jacket of Goretex or Primaloft type – during the ascent can be quite warm, so that is good to have any lighter clothing to put on you, and it is preferred to leave the warm clothing for the training time and the downhill travel
- gloves – one lighter pair for the ascent, and the warmer one for the exercises and downhill
- multifunctional scarf of Buff type – it works better during the ascent, because it lighter that the cap/seamed cap
- comfortable socks
- thermo-active underwear